Saturday, April 30, 2011

Why I need to stop watching cooking shows...

So I'm minding my own business, chewing on vegetables, avoiding starches, doing great...then we watch Kitchen Nightmares, I get a look at a big bowl of french fries and now it's all I can think about. I stayed strong for dinner, even though I was thisclose to sending J out for burgers and fries...but I didn't. I make turkey bratwurst again and roasted kale (Thanks Laura!). It really was delicious. Since Monday is weigh in day, I may just hold out and see what the numbers say and if I'm still thinking of fries on Monday afternoon, I'll grab an order for lunch. There are several places that sell sweet potato fries, so maybe I'll even do that just to satisfy the urge.

I tell you though, the Cooking Channel and Food Network are evil for dieting. Between the delicious food being cooked, the restuarants with all the fabulous dishes and all the freaking cupcake/cake challenges on lately, I turn it off a lot. Speaking of, what is with all the cupcake/cake challenges lately? I mean, someone is baking a huge cake every time I turn on the TV.

Today was a day that I felt really good. When I got dressed, there was a big difference in how my clothes fit and how I look and it was nice to see. Even J noticed and mentioned it and that felt great too. I took some pictures before I started this and was thinking today that maybe I'll do some after pictures at each 20 lbs. Just something to keep me motivated. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment