Saturday, April 9, 2011

Hungry at the Grocery Store...Day 6

Rule #1 of grocery shopping - do NOT go to the store hungry! Hello, we all know this. I totally messed that up this morning. I made sure that I had enough for breakfast today, but I didn't have a mid-morning snack. So by the time I went to the store, I was eyeballing the bakery section for free samples and trying to convince myself that a piece of pumpkin bread from Starbucks would be ok. Thankfully, the force was with me and I stayed strong. The munchkin and I finished the grocery shopping without any grazing or junk food and when I got home I had a "17 day diet" approved meal for lunch. Phew. Got a little rocky there toward the end though - I was pretty hungry. The rest of the day went as planned, afternoon snack: apple and dinner: turkey burger (no bun) and broccoli.
Day 6 (and my first weekend day) is done and it's getting easier all the time. I didn't even have any wild cravings or hunger attacks late in the evening...and I usually do. Got all of my water in, which was hard for me - I had to keep sitting down and reminding myself to have some water. Now that I have the food intake down and it's not making me feel zapped, I believe I will again try to add some cardio to the mix. I don't think I'm going to jump back to running just yet. The Monkey and I are going to take some long walks and then I'm going to hit the elliptical at the gym for a little while. Take it slower this time.
One more day until my first official weigh in. Stay strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment