Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 3 - This one hurt a little.


See that picture? It will be the death of me. One of our loan officers sent us a big batch of homemade Easter candy this morning and then my manager went out at lunch and bought a big bowl of candy. I appreciate the thank yous, but DAMN, really? It was tough to walk past that table all day. However, instead of Easter candy, I broke down and had a Diet Dr. Pepper. I figure that it's the lesser of the evils. It was delicious and I'm going to pretend it tastes way better than any of that chocolate on the table. Ha ha! Hopefully tomorrow I can avoid the table altogether - must find more work to keep me at my desk and out of the back area.

Besides the candy, today was the toughest so far. The last 2 days weren't that bad - but today, I could feel the difference. Got a little sketchy toward the end of the day, but I toughed it out. My calorie intake was good, I can just tell that the big decrease in sugar and carbs (not a total elimination, but a big dip in my norm) is changing my energy levels. It will get better, I just have to get through the first week. Once the first 17 day cycle is over, I get to add back some complex carbs in the second cycle. I'm looking forward to oatmeal again!

No comments:

Post a Comment