Monday, April 25, 2011

Bring on the pizza!

Met my goal for last week, so now I am going to treat myself to a little Campisis at some point this week. My order: small pepperoni and italian sausage pizza with a salad. Can't wait! I'm home with the Monkey today because J is sick, so I'll probably just plan on going later this week for lunch. Here's what is awesome about the 11 pounds I've already lost:


1. It puts me on the right side of 200, which really helps me when thinking about how much more I have to go. That's right, before today, I've been pushing the scale at over 200 lbs. I ain't skeered.

2. It's the most I've lost since I had the baby. I've gone back and forth with the same 5 lbs since he was born, so I feel like I'm finally making some progress, which feels good.

3. My measurements are also decreasing and I can actually see some difference in the mirror, not to mention in how my clothes are fitting.


I had a little oatmeal for breakfast yesterday and corn on the cob for dinner. Today is an "accelerate" day, so no starchy carbs. I'm really enjoying my standard breakfast of scrambled eggs (1 whole, 3 whites) and strawberries. It's pretty tasty and I rarely get hungry before lunch. I've actually even forgotten my mid-morning snack a few times and had my yogurt for dessert at lunch.


There is one other thing I've been doing that I keep forgetting to include here. I don't know if it's a total difference maker, but for scientific purposes, I should include all variables. I've been taking cinnamon and green tea supplements every day on a schedule that was outlined by Dr. Oz. Apparently cinnamon is a great blood sugar equalizer and helps you feel full longer. The schedule goes like this:

Morning: 2 cinnamon, 1 green tea

Noon: 2 cinnamon, 2 green tea

Dinner: 1 cinnamon, 1 green tea

It sucks that we have so much rain, I was thinking about taking the kiddo out for a walk. I will probably end up hitting the elliptical at the gym later tonight instead.

1 comment: