Friday, April 8, 2011

Super Smell...and the Weekend

The thing about eating healthy is that you start to really pay attention to what everyone around you is eating. My sense of smell is almost as heightened as it was when I was pregnant. The girls at work have been laughing at me the last couple of days because whenever they are eating I'm like...."That smells good!" Ha ha. We usually eat lunch together in a little room and they were all eating spaghetti, chicken fried rice and meatloaf today. Dude. It smelled so good in that room. My lunch was tasty, but not spaghetti, chicken fried rice or meatloaf. Jason came in to give me a kiss and he had just eaten a Zone bar - all I could smell was coconut. What has really gotten me through the temptation is that I am already down a few pounds (I won't say how much yet) and that's kept me on point.
So I'm officially at the point that is usually my undoing when it comes to eating well...the weekend. It's easy at work, I'm on a schedule, I pack my lunch, plan it out...the weekends are a little harder. I struggle to get all of my water in, I have to fight the snack monster, I don't want to cook...yada yada. The kid keeps me busy, which helps, but it's still tough. So to mitigate some of the risk (I obviously work at a bank) I did a few things: made my grocery list tonight so that I can hit the grocery store early tomorrow and stock back up and made sure I had enough for a good breakfast in the morning. The trick will be drinking enough water! My offiial weigh in is on Monday, so I need to keep that in my mind all weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment