Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 2

Day 2. Done. Breakfast and snacks were the same - I had leftover taco salad for lunch and Jason grilled chicken breasts for dinner (served with green beans). Today was a little easier - I wasn't nearly as hungry when I got home from work, which is helpful since I don't get to start dinner right away.
Here's what I didn't say yesterday: I haven't had a diet soda (#1 choice: Diet Dr. Pepper) in almost 48 hours. That is pretty amazing for me. The plan doesn't say I have to give up diet soda (regular soda is a no-no), but my intake has steadily increased since the baby was born. I used to limit myself to 1-2 cans a day, but when I started losing sleep I would drink it to pep myself up and before I knew it I would be drinking 4-5 a day - WAY more than I want to drink. So for now I'm putting it down. It's hard because it's an easy sweet fix and I LOVE bubbles. LOL. It's also helping me get my water intake - if I'm not drinking soda, then I'm drinking water. Better for me.
Today the kiddo and I took a little walk around the neighborhood. I was testing my ankle a little bit just to see how it's feeling. Crazy thing is that my right ankle feels much better, but now my achilles on my left ankle is tender. I think the final verdict is that I tried to do too much, too fast in the Vibrams. Everyone warned me..."Go Slow!" "Be easy!"...but you know me, 90 to nothing at all times. So for now, back to walking for a while until I feel really comfortable picking up the pace a bit. Slow and steady, even if it's really annoying. There are all these races I want to do, but I having trouble getting up and going. I know I can walk them, but I just really miss running. I'm hoping that if I can lose some of the weight with just walking and the diet, the running might get easier. It's tough to carry this extra weight and I don't want to ruin my knees and/or ankles trying to overdo it.
Today's Temptation: Peanut M&M's. We were testing some programs at work today and my coworker was sitting next to me eating some. OMG. They smelled so good, but I did NOT eat any. Victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment