Monday, May 16, 2011

Time for ACTION!



Only 1 pound lost this week, BUT my measurements went down by 1/2 an inch to 1 full inch in all but one area…stupid upper arms…always the last to go. Or maybe it just because I’m carrying a 22 pound monster around all the time and I’m developing guns! Probably not – there is nothing firm and muscular about my upper arms right now.

I was hoping for more weight loss this week, but to tell the truth, I’m ok with it since this was another week that didn’t go perfectly. There were TWO meals that included pizza, TWO handfuls of sugared up popcorn (caramel and cinnamon toast flavors) and at a birthday dinner at La Madeleine, I had THREE mini tarts (lemon, fruit AND chocolate crème brulee). It’s crazy, I do great for a few days and then just randomly the choices get bad. The pizza wasn’t terrible – I did fewer meat toppings and I had small servings, but I have no excuse for the sugar. I’ve thought about the pattern and the last 2 weeks have both been pretty rough at work. Stress definitely causes me to throw good choices out the window. I think that getting off of my butt and working out again would help, but my energy levels are so low right now with my lack of sleep that it’s hard to find motivation. I have options, there is no reason that I can’t get SOMETHING active done each day (or even every other day). I am just so tired at night and unwilling to get up early in the morning. So I’m going to start small: This week my goal will be to get in at least 3 30 minute walks. So before the next weigh in, I will get out and do some walking. I can do that, even with the kiddo, so that should be an attainable goal for this week.

I’m planning on doing Muddy Buddy again this year. I missed last year after doing it 2 years in a row, so I’d really like to get back out there. It’s not a race that I try to win, but I’d like to complete it without collapsing in the mud pit. I need to have enough energy at the end to have a killer fight with my buddy. I already have a buddy on board, so now I just need to get a few miles under my belt and some bicycle time. It’s in October, so I have some time, but it can sneak up on you if you don’t pay attention! I’m also planning on trying a yoga class that was recommended to me (thanks Heidi!) and J actually wants to do some yoga too, so we may find a way to do that together. I have plans…lots of plans…that’s the thing with plans; they generally don’t amount to much without action. So, now it’s time for some ACTION!

1 comment:

  1. Good goals for the week. I can't get the eating right 100% of the time down either but I think it's all about balance and being happy while working toward your goals. :) I'm enjoying following your progress - you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete