Sunday, September 18, 2011

Road bump...but still chugging along









Well I was hoping that I would be updating this blog with a race report today, but as most people know, I broke my toe last Wednesday (see picture above). Totally SUCKS. Luckily the break isn't terrible, so I'm hoping to be back on my feet in a week or two. It's already feeling much better - I've been keeping it taped and walking around in a super sexy ortho shoe. I'm going to start walking with my coworkers again this week and then depending on how that goes, I may try to run a little on it next weekend.


I've finally started to really notice changes in my appearance and it's nice to have my clothes fit better. I'm down about 25 lbs total since the baby was born, but the inches have really dropped. The first picture above is from early April and the second picture is from this past Monday. Not a flattering outfit, but since it's the same you can kind of see the difference.


The program at work is going great, I'm about halfway to my first $100, and it hasn't even been a month, so I think that's good progress. My coworkers and I have been doing a little 30 minute walk every day, which helps get our step count up - and then my running was really helping. I hate that I'm going to miss out on so many steps this week - hopefully walking will go well and that will help keep the count up.


Eating is good too, I've been able to eat sensibly and still have a treat here and there but keep up the steady loss.


A boring post, but an update nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment