Thursday, March 10, 2011

New topics

I started this particular blog back in 2009 as something to do while I sat in class. I have since graduated school and about 7.5 months ago I gave birth to the cutest baby boy in the world. So now, my big project is labeled "Losing the Baby Weight" and I've decided that this blog will be a place for me to write about how I'm doing, how I feel about where I am, etc. I'm not going to pass this link out and I won't post these updates, but if someone finds it on accident, so be it. My goal is just to have a journal for myself.

This has been my best week since the beginning of the year. I had a hard time getting serious about things, but this week I've just been taking it a day at a time. My food intake has been better and I've actually done a little walk/run twice this week, which plans to go again tonight. I'm excited about the time change this weekend - I'm hoping that it will help me get outside to run at night, since the sun will be out longer. After a pretty good 5-6 days, I was down 4 pounds this morning. I don't OFFICIALLY weigh until Monday, but I was excited to see the needle moving the other way. My current goal is that when I lose 10 pounds, I get to have a hamburger and fries. I know that every diet advocates a cheat meal/day every week, but that's never worked for me. I just turn EVERY day into a cheat day. So I will have cheat days every 10 pounds and my current craving is a cheeseburger and fries. I'm going to hit the treadmill at the gym tonight and try to keep up the walk/run every other day for a while. I'm slowly upping my run ratio so that in a few weeks I may be able to put a couple of miles together. My goal for that is a small 5K in May that I'm hoping to run with the kiddo. I will be nice to have a bib safety-pinned to my shirt again.

That's it for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment